Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Estate Planning and Real Estate Advice

At the request of others, it was suggested to me that beyond the articles that I have written or posted on my Blog, I could also include information about what I do for a living. The reason being that many of the questions I have received from residents are not questions for a city, but that for a private attorney. If it is in area that I have knowledge, I have tried to provide free private consultation to them. If not, I can suggest where they may get legal advice. Therefore, this has become a service to the community, though I have always tried to keep the two positions I hold separate.

For those that do not know, besides being Mayor of Lauderhill, I have also been a practicing attorney for 27 years. My legal practice is in areas of Estate Planning (Wills and Trusts), Probate, Real Estate/Mortgages closings, and Corporate/Business. I do not do litigation (except as it relates to probate), due to time constraints.

My main office is in Coral Springs, with offices also in Delray Beach and Hollywood. Though I have practiced throughout the US, primarily it has been in Florida, specifically in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade Counties. I also have an interest in SunFirst Title, Inc., a title insurance agency. If someone has a particular question they would like me to address, they can call 954-752-1732 or e-mail me at rkaplan2@comcast.net , to keep it confidential. I will not be able to answer questions in areas that I do not practice.

If an organization would like me to speak at a function, on these topics, or on a topic related to my capacity as being the Mayor, please let me know as well.

No comments: