"BCT is continually growing and evolving and we are investing in new services, better infrastructure, fleet enhancements and state of the art technology, including real time services being tested right now," said Tim Garling, Deputy Director of Broward County Transportation Department. "The new fares will help support BCT's current and additional programs going forward."
Effective October 1, 2015, the cost of bus fares and passes will increase as follows:
- Adult, one-way cash fare will increase from $1.75 to $2
- Senior/Disabled one-way cash fare will increase from $0.85 to $1
- Adult All-Day pass will increase from $4 to $5
- Senior/Disabled All-Day pass will increase from $3 to $4
- 7-Day unlimited ride pass and 10-Ride passes will increase from $18 to $20
- 31-Day Adult pass will increase from $65 to $70
- 31-Day Senior/Disabled pass will increase from $35 to $40
The 31-Day Reduced College Fare Student pass and the Premium Express one-way cash fares and Premium 31-Day bus passes will not increase in October 2015. Others not listed will remain the same.
All current bus passes will continue to work through their expiration date. BCT's transfer fees to and from Miami-Dade Transit, Palm Tran and Tri-Rail transit systems will remain the same.
For additional information, customers can contact Customer Service Center at 954-357-8400 (TTY: 954-357-8302) or can see all fare changes online at Broward.org/BCT.