Thursday, January 15, 2015
Mayor's Report Card of Prior Goals
1) 7th Season of Jazz Picnic in the Park - December through April
The season started in December and is going strong. More info at www.lauderhilljazz.com
2) 3rd Season of Tribute Concerts (Beatles and Journey) - February and March
The concerts are planned for February 21 and March 14. More info at www.lauderhilljazz.com
3) Anti-Bully Project with Lauderhill 6-12 School
This program took place at the end of October and has been very successful. We continue to monitor the situation.
4) Kids of Character Pizza Party with Royal Palm Elementary and adding another school - December and May
The December Party took place in Royal Palm Elementary and Paul Turner Elementary. Also, the other Commissioners have adopted other elementary schools in Lauderhill to duplicate this program.
5) Science in the Classroom Program with Dupont, to be held at all Lauderhill Elementary Schools - 1st Qtr 2015
We have set this up with 4 elementary schools, however we have been notified that Dupont may be pulling the funding for this program. So for now we are in a wait and see position if the funding comes through.
6) Expanding Interest Free Energy Loans to Commercial Properties - 2014
Unfortunately due to the nature of the Federal Grants, we have found out that these loans cannot be applied to commercial properties. But we can increase the amount of the loans to residential properties, which we have done a little.
7) Passing legislation requiring Contractors with the city to pay a Minimum Wage of $10.10 to their Employees - 2014
This legislation was passed.
8) Regional Chess Tournament for under 18 years of age - March
This is still be worked on, but not enough progress is taking place to carry this off successfully.
9) Completion of "Guide to the City of Lauderhill" and distribution - December/January
We hope to finish the guide this month, and then try to get this published
10) Completion of Early Childhood Programs Brochure for Parents to teach their children from birth to 5 years of age, in conjunction with Vroom and the Bezos Family Foundation - 2014
This program was launched a few months ago and the brochures are being distributed to parents throughout the area.
11) Design and prepare to distribute a new Tell the Mayor Survey specifically on Economic Development, use of Social Media, and use of recreational facilities - Results in March
Due to time constraints this survey has not been worked on very much. It is hoped to have it move forward this year.
12) Release the 2015 Lauderhill College Essay Scholarship and raise $1000 to fund it - November through February
Funding was not found so the program could not continue.
13) Launch the Lauderhill Mobile App
Though attempts to launch a Mobile App were tried, the city is still working on it. It is funded in the budget.
14) Launch the Economic Development LoopLink to allow users to search commercial properties in Lauderhill through the City’s website.
This is funded in the budget and should proceed sometime this year.