Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Thanksgiving Poem

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep. I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned - The dark meat and white. But I fought the temptation. With all of my might.

Tossing and turning. With anticipation. The thought of a snack. Became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen, Flung open the door, And gazed at the fridge, Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey. And buttered potatoes, Pickles and carrots, Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling, So plump and so round,' Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, Floating into the sky. With a mouthful of pudding, And a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell, As I soared past the trees....Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump. May your potatoes 'n gravy Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize, May your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs.

May your Thanksgiving be blessed!!

Author Unknown

No comments: