Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Mayor Kaplan Announces his Withdrawal from Running for County Commissioner

Due to unforeseen circumstances, which occurred a few weeks ago regarding a personal business matter, I regretfully am announcing my withdrawal from the race for the Broward County Commission District 1. However, this issue will not prevent me from running for re-election as Mayor of Lauderhill in 2014, which I intend to do.

I can state that the reason is not due to: 1) any type of investigation, lawsuit or illegal activity; 2) concern over my opponents or being able to raise funds for the campaign; 3) anything my opponents or their supporters have done; or 4) for health reasons. The exact reason, when I announced, could not have been anticipated. All upcoming planned fund raisers in this effort are being cancelled.

I want to thank everyone who encouraged and supported me in my efforts to serve as their County Commissioner. I believe you would have seen some significant changes in the county if I were able to serve. On the bright side, to those Lauderhill residents and businesses that were concerned about my stepping down as Mayor, I am not going anywhere and I will continue to serve you to the best of my ability.

Richard J Kaplan

No comments: